Alexis Borisy is a successful biotechnology entrepreneur with more than 20 years of experience building and operating innovative science-based organizations. Alexis joined Third Rock Ventures in 2009 to focus on the formation, development and strategy of new companies. He has played key roles in launching and building several of our portfolio companies:
- Executive chairman of the board of Celsius Therapeutics
- Chairman of the board of Tango Therapeutics
- Former chairman of the board and interim chief executive officer of Warp Drive Bio
- Executive chairman, co-founder and former interim chief executive officer of Relay Therapeutics
- Board member of Magenta Therapeutics
- Board member, co-founder and former interim chief executive officer of Foundation Medicine
- Board member, co-founder and former interim chief executive officer of Blueprint Medicines
- Board member of Editas Medicine
- Board member of Revolution Medicine
Prior to joining Third Rock Ventures, Alexis founded CombinatoRx in 2000, serving as its chief executive officer and bringing the company public on the NASDAQ. He has raised billions in financing and business development deals, and has authored numerous scientific papers and patents. Trained in chemistry and chemical biology at Harvard where he was a Howard Hughes Predoctoral Fellow, Alexis was honored as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Technology Review Innovator of the Year. He was also chosen as the New England Entrepreneur of the Year in Life Sciences and was honored as a Presidential Scholar.
Alexis’ undergraduate degree in chemistry is from the University of Chicago, and he did his graduate work in the laboratory of Dr. Stuart Schreiber at Harvard University. Alexis is a trustee of the Boston Museum of Science, is a co-founder and former chairman of FORMA Therapeutics, and serves on the board of the National Venture Capital Association.
Alexis' first job was selling peanuts at Wisconsin Badger football games at age 14.